1. Does my child have to have a COVID-19 test if they are displaying symptoms?
If your child is displaying any of the symptoms of COVID-19 they must not attend nursery for 10 days. If they have a test and this comes back negative, they will be able to return to nursery as soon as the negative result is received and they are feeling well. They will not need to complete the 10 days self-isolation.
2. Can my child attend nursery if a family member from our household is displaying symptoms?
We ask for families to continue to support us in reducing the risk to the children and our team. Therefore, if any member of a household displays symptoms of COVID-19 the whole household should follow Government advice and self-isolate for 10 days.
3. What should I do if my child receives a positive COVID-19 test?
Please follow the guidance in our Safe Operating Procedures to report this to us as soon as possible.
3. What will happen if there is a confirmed case of coronavirus at the nursery?
All team members and children in the affected homebase bubble will be required to self-isolate for 10 days and will be contacted by the Management team. We will follow the guidance given to us by Public Health England and communicate with parents the steps taken to ensure that your child’s homebase bubble is ready for the children’s return. If your child is not in the affected homebase bubble you will be informed of a positive case in the nursery. The nursey will continue to operate within our Safe Operating Procedures in line with guidance from Public Health England.
If your child is in a clinically vulnerable group please contact your Nursery Manager directly.
4. Are fees due if my child must self-isolate due to a confirmed case in their homebase bubble, or if the whole nursery is asked to self-isolate (inc local lockdowns)?
We have been proud to retain our outstanding team and remain fully operational through this difficult period. To continue to do so, fees remain payable under the force majeure clause in our Terms of Attendance. We have made preparations to mitigate some costs in this instance, so will reduce fees to 33%. If any period of closure or isolation exceeds one month, no fees will be chargeable thereafter.
5. How will my child be supported during a period of self-isolation or closure?
Nursery will stay connected with families self-isolating through weekly keeping in touch calls. Your child’s e-timeline on the ParentZone App will be updated with additional learning material relevant to your child’s next steps to support learning and development at home.
6. Will my child be able to attend nursery if we travel abroad?
Families choosing to travel abroad should follow the government guidance on travel and should let the nursery know their travel plans.
As the guidance frequently changes, we may ask your child to quarantine for 10 days if they are travelling back from a country on the quarantine list. Fees will be payable during the quarantine period.