1. Does my child have to have a COVID-19 test if they are displaying symptoms?
If your child is displaying any of the symptoms of COVID-19 they must not attend nursery for 10 days. If they have a PCR test and this comes back negative, they will be able to return to nursery as soon as the negative result is received, and they are feeling well. They will not need to complete the 10 days self-isolation.
2. Can my child attend nursery if a family member from our household is displaying symptoms?
Yes your child can attend, they are not required to self-isolate as they are under 18 years old.
3. What should I do if my child receives a positive COVID-19 test?
Should your child test positive for COVID-19 you are encouraged to engage with NHS Test & Trace. We would also ask that you let us know so we support you with home learning through the isolation period.
4. What will happen if there is a confirmed case of coronavirus at the nursery?
Should there be a number of cases which meets the threshold to be deemed as an outbreak set by the DfE and Public Health England we will take advice from the DfE and review our Outbreak Management Plan. We will communicate with parents should we need to step up any control measures as detailed in the Safe Operating Procedures.
5. Are fees due if my child is unable to attend nursery due to covid?
We are proud to remain fully operational and retain our outstanding team through the pandemic. To continue to do so, fees remain payable under the force majeure clause in our Terms of Attendance. As the disruption caused by COVID continues to evolve, we will keep this under review and always seek to be fair.
6. How will my child be supported during a period of closure?
Nursery will stay connected with families through weekly keeping in touch calls. Your child’s e-timeline on the ParentZone App will be updated with additional learning material relevant to your child’s next steps to support learning and development at home.
7. Will my child be able to attend nursery if we travel abroad?
If you are planning travel outside of the UK please let us know, you must adhere to any Government guidance and quarantine requirements when returning to the UK, and before returning to nursery. Fees will be payable during the quarantine period.